Saturday, September 1, 2012

September 1


My favorite time of year!  I love the fall.  Even without the cider mills & donuts.  I like that it can feel like a new beginning - similar to the New Year.  

I think all of my planning for Michigan paid off.  We were very busy but had a ton of fun & saw everyone I wanted to see with a few exceptions.  I even saw some people I hadn't planned on seeing (yeah, Boona!) & got to see some friends more than expected (WK & JD).  We spent two weeks at my parent's cottage, a week in Midland & a week near Todd's parents.  For us, it was a lot of driving.  And guess what?  I don't like it one bit.  I am a public transportation snob.  So now I move on to planning the rest of this year.

I had two German lessons & was amazed that I didn't loose much.  Don't get me wrong, that first lesson was a very long hour & a half but better than expected!

I was browsing in a book store in Michigan (sigh) & saw a magazine a friend loves.  I know she stopped getting it a few years ago, so I ripped out the subscription card & signed her up for a year.  Surprise RG!

I took lots of photos in Michigan & did okay the rest of the month.  I carry my camera with me but seem to forget it is there most of the time.  Which is unfortunate since I come across a lot of funny stuff in Germany!

Never made it to the gym or managed to open my vitamins...

Continued to be social.  This seems to be the only thing I am good at!  Went to the Netherlands to visit some friends we haven't seen since we lived in Boise in 2007 - for more info see the blog from August 18.  We are so excited they are living closer. Todd & I went to Brussels (blog post August 25) for the night & then my usual book club & breakfasts with friends.  

Off to drink some Federweisser!


No comments:

Post a Comment