I had some lofty goals this past year. Some were much easier than others & some even surprised me -- good & bad! So here is a summary of how things turned out & my thoughts.
Spinach is now a a regular part of my diet. I didn't think this would be difficult to do, I just needed to be conscious of trying new recipes & having spinach in the house.
Ice cream is now not part of my diet. I did lick a few ice cream cones & have some bites of a McFlurry here & there but only 3 actual portions the whole year. For me this is truly amazing -- I was a bowl of ice cream a night person before I did this. I don't really miss it. And if I am going to have it, I want the good stuff which isn't that easy to get in Midland!
I never bought salad dressing. I have to admit this would have been a very easy one to forget about -- I love the taste of homemade dressing (plus it only takes minutes to make) but sometimes it is just easy to open a bottle. I probably ate less salad because of this resolution.
No more chai. I might be over this expensive obsession. This would be a good thing for my wallet.
I didn't do a stained glass project. Which has led me to organizing my stuff & sending out some emails to friends to see if they are interested in my supplies. I don't need it in the house if I am not going to use it. Anyone interested???
The checkbook was balanced 95% of the time. This may seem silly to some people but I just never bother doing it, so it is a chore for me. I am now in the habit of quickly checking my bank a few times a week. This is an improvement.
Making bread was technically not a failure. I made pizza in February & Irish Soda Bread but never really did what I had hoped... oh well, I guess I am okay with still being afraid of yeast!
The car was also technically not a failure. It was much cleaner than the prior year but still not what I had hoped. Of course this is entirely in my hands to change so I will keep working at this.
We now have a compost bin in our backyard. I can't say we compost 100% but we do a lot & it has cut down on the amount of trash we generate (which is very embarrassing). And maybe in the spring we will actually use some of the dirt with planting.
I already admitted to failure with my book resolution. But I am happy that I got rid of the books that I wasn't going to read. Making room for new ones!
I think I may have taken more pictures than the year before but still not as many as I would have liked. I might try to take a class this year to improve my photos. I also need to remember to bring my camera out with me more.
I was pretty good at limiting my alcohol. Until December I can actually pinpoint each drink I had (4 total - 2 on vacation, 1 at a birthday party & 1 with some friends). But then the holiday party season kicked in & I drank when I wanted, which still wasn't that much. This is a handy resolution that makes people really nervous! This resolution was easier than giving up ice cream!
My biggest achievement this year was using the community center. I hired a trainer in April & worked with him through December. I tired all sorts of different classes -- Zumba, Muscle Pump, Kickboxing, Cardio Kick, Core Before, Spinning & Motion Live. In the process of all the hard work I have lost 40 pounds. This needs to keep up in the new year.
My 2011 list will be posted on February 1st.
I like to take the month of January to ponder...
Happy New Year!
Spinach is now a a regular part of my diet. I didn't think this would be difficult to do, I just needed to be conscious of trying new recipes & having spinach in the house.
Ice cream is now not part of my diet. I did lick a few ice cream cones & have some bites of a McFlurry here & there but only 3 actual portions the whole year. For me this is truly amazing -- I was a bowl of ice cream a night person before I did this. I don't really miss it. And if I am going to have it, I want the good stuff which isn't that easy to get in Midland!
I never bought salad dressing. I have to admit this would have been a very easy one to forget about -- I love the taste of homemade dressing (plus it only takes minutes to make) but sometimes it is just easy to open a bottle. I probably ate less salad because of this resolution.
No more chai. I might be over this expensive obsession. This would be a good thing for my wallet.
I didn't do a stained glass project. Which has led me to organizing my stuff & sending out some emails to friends to see if they are interested in my supplies. I don't need it in the house if I am not going to use it. Anyone interested???
The checkbook was balanced 95% of the time. This may seem silly to some people but I just never bother doing it, so it is a chore for me. I am now in the habit of quickly checking my bank a few times a week. This is an improvement.
Making bread was technically not a failure. I made pizza in February & Irish Soda Bread but never really did what I had hoped... oh well, I guess I am okay with still being afraid of yeast!
The car was also technically not a failure. It was much cleaner than the prior year but still not what I had hoped. Of course this is entirely in my hands to change so I will keep working at this.
We now have a compost bin in our backyard. I can't say we compost 100% but we do a lot & it has cut down on the amount of trash we generate (which is very embarrassing). And maybe in the spring we will actually use some of the dirt with planting.
I already admitted to failure with my book resolution. But I am happy that I got rid of the books that I wasn't going to read. Making room for new ones!
I think I may have taken more pictures than the year before but still not as many as I would have liked. I might try to take a class this year to improve my photos. I also need to remember to bring my camera out with me more.
I was pretty good at limiting my alcohol. Until December I can actually pinpoint each drink I had (4 total - 2 on vacation, 1 at a birthday party & 1 with some friends). But then the holiday party season kicked in & I drank when I wanted, which still wasn't that much. This is a handy resolution that makes people really nervous! This resolution was easier than giving up ice cream!
My biggest achievement this year was using the community center. I hired a trainer in April & worked with him through December. I tired all sorts of different classes -- Zumba, Muscle Pump, Kickboxing, Cardio Kick, Core Before, Spinning & Motion Live. In the process of all the hard work I have lost 40 pounds. This needs to keep up in the new year.
My 2011 list will be posted on February 1st.
I like to take the month of January to ponder...
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment