Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Third Grade!

Today Rita started third grade at St Peter Schule.  The school is 3 blocks from our apartment & when Rita feels like it will walk to school by herself.  I was a little shocked at how little excitement there was at the school.  I am glad I took my pictures before we left because I think I would have embarrassed Rita by taking them at school.  There were no parents lingering around, no cameras & even no teacher when I dropped her off.  It could have been any day of the year!  I was told when the kids enter school (Year 1) it is a big deal but I guess not the other years.  Rita had a great day & enjoyed being back with her friends & speaking German.  We hope all her summer language tutoring will make the transition a bit easier! 
All smiles ready for school!

Hugh & Rita


 I also discovered a new park this week - Flora Park.  I can't believe I have never been there.  The park is just past the mall that I go to all the time.  This is funny for me to think about because after living in Midland for almost 4 years, I am not sure I ever stepped into the mall more than 3 or 4 times.  Sure I went to Target, Ruby Tuesday & Barnes & Noble but it was not a habit to go into the mall. I know I wasn't missing anything... I am just not a mall type of person.  I used to live within a few miles of Somerset Collection & went inside the mall very few times.  Back to the park. It is lovely.  Shaded, swings, water, slides, picnic tables, sand and a small house to play in.  There is also a Cafe right next door that serves food, drinks & has toilets.  A major bonus!

Hugh on the swings.  He wore this tag that Todd received from the conference he attended in Stockholm.  Hugh colored his own picture where the name tag goes.

Rita in her trusty Chestnut Hill sweatshirt

Rita, Todd & fake smile Hugh

The cafe - fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. 3rd Grade!!!!!! Everyone looks happy and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad rita was excited to go back to school and hooray for a fabulous new park find!

    ReplyDelete