Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1


Well July was a very busy month!

We were in Michigan the last two weeks of the month so I was not only very social & organized but took a lot of photos!  Finally.  But I did forget my big camera in the apartment before leaving.  I had plenty of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, play dates, parties & just hanging out with friends - I loved it.  The kids went to the CNC Nature Camp for a week - I can't say it enough, this is one of the best places on earth.  

Prior to leaving I still managed to be social - lunches & dinners, book club & a day with the Vanderpool family in Andernach - see the post on July 7.  I also met up with a nice group of people with the focus on 3-6 year olds.  Hopefully when school starts again we will meet up regularly.

Only two German lessons this month.

No gym.  Vitamins & water.

Travel Agent - I believe I am very well organized for Michigan.  I made a list of everyone I wanted to see, had a good friend host a breakfast for me (thanks GP), went to ISC & even had a babysitter for the night (thanks KF).  When we return I will have to finish getting things together for Provence & start thinking about Christmas & next year.  The Germans love to travel & they love to plan early...

I found the ultimate bag - thanks to my sister Sarah!  It has everything I was looking for - long strap, water resistant, zippered pockets, outside mobile phone pocket & it even has a pocket for the iPad.  Not to mention it is über cute.

On a sad note, a friend Todd met in his group during graduate school passed away.  HB was an enthusiastic scientist, very active in getting more women into the field of science & an excellent teacher.  At the end her FB posts were especially hard to read.  Todd would read them to me & be upset - he is not one to be emotional for nothing.  I decided that since it was unlikely he would ever post anything on her FB page or the one a friend created to fill with memories for her son (yes, another tragedy - he will turn two in October), I would write her a letter.  So I did.  And I mailed it.  And she passed away the next week.  I hope that whoever reads the letter was comforted in knowing that HB touched our lives all those years ago.







No comments:

Post a Comment