One full month of 2010 gone... Time to check in on my numerous resolutions. What better way to stay on track then declare them publicly? Here they are:
With the exception of new selections from my book group, no more buying books. I have so many books I have purchased over the years and not read...
Keep my car cleaner. While I wouldn't really say it is clean right now, it isn't nearly as filthy as it has been in the past!
Do one stained glass project.
Take more pictures - which has led directly to the blog.
No more store bought Chai drinks. They are not really worth the money.
Learn to bake bread.
Keep the checkbook balanced.
Very limited alcohol.
No ice cream. This will embarrassingly enough be the hardest one!
Start to compost.
Use the Community Center more. We are members & pay $82/month. I kept track of our use in January & if we paid for everything we used (pool, classes, babysitting, etc) we would have spent $176.50! Let's keep this one going.
Eat more spinach.
Make my own salad dressing. I have one bottle of Ranch for my Dad & friends.
With the exception of new selections from my book group, no more buying books. I have so many books I have purchased over the years and not read...
Keep my car cleaner. While I wouldn't really say it is clean right now, it isn't nearly as filthy as it has been in the past!
Do one stained glass project.
Take more pictures - which has led directly to the blog.
No more store bought Chai drinks. They are not really worth the money.
Learn to bake bread.
Keep the checkbook balanced.
Very limited alcohol.
No ice cream. This will embarrassingly enough be the hardest one!
Start to compost.
Use the Community Center more. We are members & pay $82/month. I kept track of our use in January & if we paid for everything we used (pool, classes, babysitting, etc) we would have spent $176.50! Let's keep this one going.
Eat more spinach.
Make my own salad dressing. I have one bottle of Ranch for my Dad & friends.
Wow! You are brave to not only list your resolutions but to have so many! Two of yours are on my list of things to try - making bread with my Kitchen Aid mixer and homemade salad dressing. I will let you know if I do either. I put spinach in my smoothies, you can't even taste it.
ReplyDeleteI've been making my own dressings a lot these past several months. They will be much tastier and exciting once I'm 'back' on olive oil! Love the resolution list -- I added the car one to my own list but don't have high hopes :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent resolutions!! Those are some great, specific ways to improve the year. I wish I had some more specific resolutions....
ReplyDeleteAs for your Spinach goal..
I like to sauté onions and garlic, then stir in spinach, a couple spoonfuls of sour cream and chopped pecans. Season with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. It has a nice texture with the cream and nuts, and it's yummy enough that Gary will eat it all up!
Also spinach salads are good with toppings like beets, dried cranberries, red onion, or real bacon pieces :) Maybe I just like reds against the dark green.
Oh my goodness, I love this blog!! Rita & Hugh look soooo cute, enjoying their *real winter* up north!