Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally, the basement!!

This project has been going on so long I have no idea when it began! The carpet was put in on Friday & the kids have been playing in the basement ever since. One day we hope to have some furniture, a TV, some shelving & toy storage. We didn't carpet the entire basement -- we left an area for art so that if things get messy it will be easier to clean up (I hope!).
View heading upstairs
Rita's area under the stairs for her American Girl Dolls
This is the wall that was bumped out to make a little more room - this is the art area
New mantle & floor tiles - makes the fireplace look better!
Hugh & Mr Potatohead enjoy the new basement

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! How nice the kids have space to play and spread out their toys :D I like the "art area"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference! I think it looks great and I love the art area. Toys everywhere is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basement looks great! Can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete