Each year between the 2nd & 3rd weekend of July there is fun fair on the banks of the Rhine. They have roller coasters, a Ferris wheel, lots of little kid rides & many beer gardens. It is the biggest fair at the Rhine & we had a great time. I wasn't sure if Hugh would like the crowds but he did great. We all went on what I would consider an adult ride & I couldn't believe the kids liked it! Todd & I could only handle going on one but we did manage the Ferris wheel - great views of the city! Also -- if you happen to be in town for a European fair, make sure you check how the ticket system works. We bought 15 euros worth of tokens at the first ride only to find out those tickets were only good at that ride! This falls under the category of Learning Experiences.
| We saw these at Oktoberfest in 2002 -- I thought it was unique to that festival but i was obviously mistaken... these were everywhere. |
| Hugh loved the car rides! |
| Waiting their turn for the bumper cars |
| Yum! |
| Not sue about this drink, but I do love Gummi Bears! |
| This was a grown up ride that both kids wanted to go on -- ugh! |
| Look BA! Rita got in your boat!!!! |
| I am in this picture somewhere with Rita & Hugh |
| Ewww...this one is for you CS!! |
| The cheapest ride at the fair. No wonder, the horses didn't even move! |
| Rita in the Ferris Wheel box |
| Hugh & Todd (not sure why he is clutching his backpack...) |
| View of the fair from the top |
| Looking up from the ground - this was one enormous Ferris Wheel! |
| Swings! |
| Hugh was not happy he had to go in the 'baby' seats... |
| Very serious on the bumper cars |
Vroom vroom!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment