Wednesday, July 13, 2011

U-S-A!!!!

Rita & I tagged along with the H boys to the USA vs France Women's World Cup semi-final match in Moenchengladbach (I don't have the umlaut letters on my keyboard, so you are supposed to add an e after the o for any of you who will notice i spelled this wrong...).  Not sure I would tackle this adventure by myself.  The train ride was about 30 minutes away followed by a shuttle for another 20 minutes.  This stadium was way out in farm country.  I smelled horses though most of the match!  It was a drizzly chilly night but we had so much fun.  Lots of crazy fans dressed in all sorts of red, white & blue -- for both teams.  Tons of Hope Solo signs all over the stadium.  People sitting near us were from Seattle or at least that is what the sign they were holding announced.  The game was action packed with lots of attempted goals.  Both teams played really aggressively & with the wet fields there were lots of players sliding all over the place.  I decided to not bring my fancy pants camera due to the weather, so I didn't take as many pictures as I might have.  We had fantastic seats - 7th row slightly left of the goal.  Go USA!!!


Love this!
Happy to be at the game!

A few of the many American fans

Check out my new shirt!

Lauren Cheney - scored the first goal of the night

This is how close our seats were - I did not alter the image on the computer

Final score!

No comments:

Post a Comment