Monday, August 8, 2011

Thoughts on London...

Now that we are back in Germany I really appreciate knowing the language of the country I am visiting.  It seemed that even with the long train rides, missed buses, tired kids, etc it was less stressful to at least understand the people around us.  I think England or maybe all of the UK will be our safe, easy place to travel.  We are familiar with our surroundings, speak the language & there is plenty for us to explore.  Plus, for some odd reason I love the shopping in England -- for anyone who knows me this is not normally the case!
Here are some more photos:

Keeping Hugh happy  & somewhat quiet -- enter the iPad
Playing on the trampoline at the neighbor's house   
 
A quiet moment on the tube

Our home base train station in West Molesey
This is a new thing in London - cycle hire.  Could be fun!
Tube station
Love that they added "hoover" after the word vacuum!
Our goodies - yes, that is a tin of goose fat on the right...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara, Liz's mom here. I feel as though I already know you through Liz. Now, reading your blog, I really think I know you. How fun to see Rita, Hugh, Todd, and you in all the great photos. I am really eager to meet you in October. I hope you and Liz continue to have some fun adventures. Patricia

    ReplyDelete